Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tip Tuesday: More enhancements available for Photopass

Welcome to another Tip Tuesday.

This week's tip is a followup to a couple of tips I've discussed in the past when it comes to making the most out of Disney's Photopass service. I've already covered how Photopass works and the benefits of the Photo CD.

Following my recent WDW trip in June, I was going through my Photopass pictures and noticed that Disney now has many more enhancements available to guests. Many of the new enhancements follow the "What Will You Celebrate?" theme, but there are a few new ones that are really nice. Perhaps my favorite of the new shots is the "I'm a Real Character" photo frame, featuring Mickey as a pirate and Minnie as the redhead from Pirates of the Caribbean (see photo above). At DHS, there are some "Up" themed borders, but, interestingly enough, they weren't offered for the photos with the "Up" characters, just for the around-the-park shots.
These new enhancements are all the more reason to get the photo CD and to enhance as many photos as possible. Remember, you can add as many enhancements to each photo as you wish. You do have to add enhancements one at a time - this is something I hope Disney can change so the process is streamlined. It took me about 2 weeks to enhance all our original photos.
Also remember that you only have a month to enhance photos, order CD's, create books, etc. before your photos expire. That one month clock starts from when you enter your code from the Photopass card(s) you received at the parks.

Sadly, one of the Photopass photographers told me that it appears the "duel with Captain Hook" magical Photopass image is no longer offered. I hope Disney will either bring this back or come up with some other magical photo options.
So be sure to get plenty of family photos with Photopass -- it's the best way for everyone to be captured in the magic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new border! Can't wait to see more of them. Looks great! The photopass CD is an awesome option for large families. It can be very economical.
Great job, Chuck.
Mary Jo Collins

Blog Archive

Followers