It's hard to believe that one year ago I started the DisneyDaddy blog on a whim.
On the night of September 23, 2008 I was reading about Disney's newest campaign - "What Will You Celebrate?" I had been wanting to become more involved in the online Disney community and, on the spur of the moment, decided to start a blog. About 60 seconds later, I was writing my first blog post. Before I knew it, I was a Disney blogger.
The next day, I determined I had to have a weekly "thing" that readers would want to enjoy. I came up with "Tip Tuesday" and the rest is history.
But this past year has seen so much more than nearly 300 blog posts. I have been to WDW twice, made hundreds of friends at MouseFest and MagicMeets, have been featured five times on Lou Mongello's WDW Radio Show and have had one article already published in Celebrations Magazine.
Beyond these incredible experiences, I have become a part of a larger Disney family. A classic example of this was the recent D23 Expo. While I could not attend personally, I was able to be one of "Lou's Box People" and experience the Expo virtually. During those four days, I felt like I was taking part in an eight-hour long conversation with hundreds of friends (which really was the case).
What will the next year hold?
Well, there will be a few surprises, more trips to Walt Disney World and many, many more posts and tips to share.
Most of all, I look forward to more opportunities to talk and share my experiences with my bigger Disney family.
To all of you who read this blog, I thank you for taking the time to enjoy what I have to say. I hope this blog lives up to your expectations. I'm enjoying writing this blog and hope to keep going for a long time.
With that, let's keep moving forward...
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Buy 4, get 3 free returns!
- Tip Tuesday: When to eat
- Disney announces new 2010 promotion -- Give a Day,...
- Disney Parks to start their own blog
- The biggest Disney fan
- 2009 Epcot Food and Wine Festival begins today
- DisneyDaddy - one year later
- Tip Tuesday: Waking up Tinkerbell
- Dick Cook resigns as head of Walt Disney Pictures
- Kouzzina officially opens
- Some lingering questions following the Fantasyland...
- Disney bus system halted due to suspicious device
- The Force is strong with these...
- Tip Tuesday: Tables in Wonderland
- Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion is CONFIRMED!!...
- Video from Disney's HUGE announcements yesterday
- D23 Update: Imagineering Legends come together to...
- Depp announces Pirates 4 at D23 Expo
- Disney Cruise Line announces new destination -- Al...
- More from D23 -- the Treasures Collection
- TTA reopens today
- Epcot's Illuminations named best outdoor night sho...
- D23 Expo Update: Iger opens up first ever Expo
- Applications now accepted for 2010 Disney World Mo...
- Tip Tuesday: To AP or not to AP...
- Report: Marvel characters not likely at WDW
- D23 - previews and LIVE coverage!!!
- Disney finds new voice for Mickey Mouse
- The master of Hidden Mickeys releases 4th edition
- Disney Magic rescues overboard passenger from anot...
- Tip Tuesday: KidCot
- 2009 Disney Legends announced
- ▼ September (32)