Saturday, March 17, 2012

Photo Friday: Ariel at DHS

Ariel

Welcome to another Photo Friday!

This week, I thought I'd share a photo from the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Disney Hollywood Studios.  This is one of my daughter's favorite shows at DHS, so I've seen this performance quite a few times. 

What I really appreciate is how the actress playing Ariel manages to communicate a great deal of enthusiasm and wonder even though she can't move around at all.  She can twist and turn and flap her fins, but she is stuck in one place due to the restraints of the costume.

I'm also somewhat reminded of the children's book, Rainbow Fish, every time I see that tail piece.  If you've read the book, you know what I mean.

So enjoy and remember to keep the wonder and magic of being part of our world!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers