Saturday, October 1, 2011

It all started 40 years ago today...

Today marks a very special day for me and for countless Disney fans. Today in 1971 the Magic Kingdom opened at Walt Disney World.

While I was not there in person (I was only 9 months old), I have felt connected to Walt Disney World for as long as I can remember.

Since that moment, central Florida, the nation and the world have never been the same. Within a few years, WDW was THE place for people to visit and it has become a rite of passage for American families and a destination for victorious athletes (remember "I'm going to Disney World!").

On behalf of myself and the millions of Disney fans around the world, I want to wish a very happy birthday to Walt Disney World and to all those cast members who have been with the parks for 40 years and I also wish all the best for the next 40 years!

4 comments:

CaseyluvsDisney said...

Great post and Happy Birthday Walt Disney World!

Kristen @ Celebrate Every Day With Me said...

Wow - love the photo. Great post. So many great memories come out of WDW.

Snow White Archive said...

WDW...may the next 40 be even better!

Anonymous said...

Its been a 40 years, really its incredible, and unforgettable memories for WDW

Blog Archive

Followers