Saturday, October 25, 2008

WDW at the Holidays: Epcot


Time for another installment of what I'm looking forward to when I return to WDW in December. In a previous post, I talked about some of the holiday events I'm eager to see at the Magic Kingdom. Next up is my favorite park, Epcot.

(Image copyright Disney, all rights reserved)


Of course the big Epcot holiday event is the nightly Candlelight Processional. This event features a choir of castmembers from all across Walt Disney World. In her latest Disney holiday special, Samantha Brown interviewed a family of five who all work at WDW (none in entertainment) and all sing in the choir. Based on some of the video I've seen, it's a fantastic concert. There are three shows each night and a special celebrity reader. Since this is not a hard-ticketed event, I may have to catch this a few times.

Beyond the candlelight processional, there is Holidays Around the World. In nearly each pavilion in World Showcase, guests can meet each country's version of Santa Claus and learn more about that country's holiday traditions. As Christmas is my favorite time of year (and I play Santa for a school during the seasons -- SHHH don't tell anyone!), I really get into Santa stories and legends.
Epcot has it's share of lights, and the walkway between Future World and World Showcase is where Epcot shines best. That along with the daily lighting of the Epcot tree should be a great experience.

Epcot is known for it's music and the holidays are no different - a great Christmas music track will be a joy to listen as we walk around this park.

Check back for more of my thoughts and anticipations as the Disney holiday's approach!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers