Friday, September 21, 2012

Photo Friday: Skyway to the Past

Magic

Time for another Photo Friday!

I friend shared some old photos from a 1999 trip to Walt Disney World today and I just had to share this photo (with her permission).  What struck me the most about this photo was the date:  summer of 1999.  Little did they know that the Skyway would close just a few months later, in Nov. 1999.

I can remember my own journeys on the Skyway during my early trips to Walt Disney World back in the late 1970's.  I particularly remember seeing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea from the air and being amazed at how big it was.

Today hardly a remnant of the Skyway can be seen.  The old launch/landing buildings are effectively gone and you have to look closely for clues where the old pillars were located.

A blast from the past...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers