Friday, September 21, 2012
Photo Friday: Skyway to the Past
Time for another Photo Friday!
I friend shared some old photos from a 1999 trip to Walt Disney World today and I just had to share this photo (with her permission). What struck me the most about this photo was the date: summer of 1999. Little did they know that the Skyway would close just a few months later, in Nov. 1999.
I can remember my own journeys on the Skyway during my early trips to Walt Disney World back in the late 1970's. I particularly remember seeing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea from the air and being amazed at how big it was.
Today hardly a remnant of the Skyway can be seen. The old launch/landing buildings are effectively gone and you have to look closely for clues where the old pillars were located.
A blast from the past...
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- Tip Tuesday: Book review - Toy Story Films: An A...
- Photo Friday: Skyway to the Past
- Tip Tuesday: The Garden Grove Seafood Sensation
- Photo Friday: R2D2's Bad Day
- Tip Tuesday: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards...
- Tip Tuesday: My new favorite spot for evening eve...
- Photo Friday: Italy's bell tower in Epcot
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- ► 2009 (282)