Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tip Tuesday: Travel agents and why you need one

Welcome back to another Tip Tuesday!

Well, as you may have noticed, the DisneyDaddy blog has become a Mouse Fan Travel affiliated web site.  For me, this was a simple partnership.  I've personally used Mouse Fan Travel for several years in booking my own trips to Walt Disney World (and now Disneyland -- yay!).  Through this partnership, I'll be able to bring you some additional advice from some of the most respected Disney travel experts in the business.

Little did I know that I would end up needing that expertise for my own pending trip to WDW in just a few days.  You see, I like to generally pay for my trips in advance -- that way most of the hassles of check in are already taken care of.  It's just one less thing to deal with so I can get straight on to having fun and enjoying being in the World.

Well, it turns out Disney, like so many other companies and organizations around the world, occasionally experiences technical glitches.  Shocking, I know, but true.  When my Mouse Fan Travel agent (the wonderful Vicki Damanti) tried to apply the final payment to the trip a few days ago, there was some technical trouble in making the final payment.  Disney asked Vicki to check back in a few days to try again.

If I were handling this on my own (which I would have to do if I had booked directly through Disney), I would have to be the one calling back again and going through the whole process to finalize the trip.  But no.  I have a travel agent and that's what they're there for.  I don't have to worry about those follow up phone calls and double checking to make sure everything's taken care of.  I have a travel agent and that's what they're there for.

Now picking a good travel agent takes some homework and some checking.  Of course, as you can guess, I recommend Mouse Fan Travel, but there are many other good, reputable travel agents out there... but there are just as many (maybe more) agent and agencies that aren't so hot.  In a future post, I'll help you understand what to look for in a good travel agent/agency and how to avoid being taken in by some less-than-reputable agents/agencies.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advise. I'll definitely check it out. You see, our family tried traveling without acquiring the services of a travel agency but it was a disaster. We ended up regretting because of the time and money wasted in the booking processes and locating places. Never again will we travel without the help of travel agencies.
- MSTravelTours.com

Shaun Caldwell @ HomeBasedTravelAgents said...

It only takes a professional travel agent to get things done smoothly for you. Make sure to find a reliable one, of course, from a certified travel agency, so you won't experience any hassle. Next time, be careful in choosing your travel agent. I hope your experience will not stop you from hiring one in the future.

Blog Archive

Followers