In what's sure to become a "we wish this was here sooner" moment, Disney today announced on the official Disney Parks Blog, that a new, as-yet unnamed pizzeria will be coming to the Italy pavilion in Epcot later this year.
According to the blog post, construction already is underway on the 300-seat restaurant, which will feature traditional Florentine architecture, vaulted-ceilings and outside dining. I suspect, though there is no official confirmation, that this will likely be a quick-service restaurant, which was badly needed in the Italy pavilion.
Naturally, this new restaurant will feature pizza (apparently using wood-burning ovens, to be specific) and other Italian dishes that will compliment offerings currently at Italy's table-service restaurant, Tutto Italia.
"The pizzeria will be the newest flagship restaurant in the Patina Restaurant Group’s portfolio. And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough," said Thomas Smith, Disney Parks Social Media Director in the blog post.
I look forward to this new restaurant to further amplify the already outstanding offerings all over World Showcase.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- Tip Tuesday: World of Disney
- New pizzeria coming to the Italy pavilion in Epcot...
- Tip Tuesday: Park touring during marathon weekend...
- Half-Marathon 2010: a highlight of my Disney life...
- DisneyDaddy featured on WDWRadio show two straight...
- Tip Tuesday -- Dealing with the cold
- Tip Tuesday: Marathon Weekend
- Disney officially announces the 2010 Disney Mom's ...
- Give a Day, Get a Disney Day officially launches
- AP and DVC appreciation day at WDW is Jan. 9
- Disney announces 2010 hidden Mickey pin collection...
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2009 (282)