Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome to Disney Daddy

I'm a father of three kids and we all love Walt Disney World. I will attempt in this blog to jot some of my thoughts about Walt Disney World, both the good and the not so good.

First, a little about myself. As I said, I'm a father of three and REALLY BIG Disney fan. I've only been to Walt Disney World twice (not including a trip back in the late 70's/early 80's), but on our first trip last summer I caught the bug. I mean I REALLY caught the bug. Nine months later, we were back for Spring Break. Next up is a trip around the holidays.

Since that first trip, I've been on several WDW related forums, mostly Inside The Magic, DisneyWorldTrivia.com and Sorcerer Radio. I also have begun collecting WDW park music from various sites (all legally, for anyone who may have wondered).

Anyway, enough about me. Time for some thoughts.

If there ever was a place to start, it's with the 2009 Celebrations announcement made by Disney this week. While, in my opinion, it's not the same as the current Year of a Million Dreams, this new campaign is a pretty good idea. Who wouldn't want to go to WDW on their birthday for free!

Yes there are some restrictions (there are too many lawyers involved for there not to be restrictions) but it's a pretty good deal.

But wait, there's more.


Disney also announced the new DVC tower at the Contemporary Resort. This is a killer for me as I'm dying to get into DVC. The problem is I don't have $25,000 in spare change lying around to get into it properly (with enough points to really take advantage of all DVC offers). The artist rendering's look really cool, don't they? This particular site is the one I've been waiting for because it's the first DVC on the monorail.

Who knows, maybe someday I will win the lottery. If you can dream it... you know the rest.

Anyway, I want to welcome to you to my random thoughts and impressions.


Also, I want to thank the following podcasts for their inspiration and help in keeping the Disney magic alive.


1 comment:

Hope said...

I really like your blog! A wonderful 1st post! I plan on adding you to my blogroll on my private blog "A Little Bit of Hope." (if that's OK with you) If you ever want to visit my blog, let me know, and I'll send you an invite.

Blog Archive

Followers