Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kungaloosh! no more

Today I mark a sad note in Walt Disney World history.

The Adventurer's Club (as with the rest of Pleasure Island) has officially closed for good - to be replaced with some kind of retail center. You can follow all the news about this change over at the Orlando Attractions Magazine Blog.

While I never personally had the opportunity to visit the Adventurer's Club, I am sad to see it go. When I first heard that Pleasure Island was going away, I thought "good riddance," I am not a bar and club type of person and I never thought that kind of drunken behavior belonged at Disney.

I guess that's what I get for going on stereotypes. While I may not be able to speak for the other clubs at PI, I've learned that The Adventurer's Club is nothing like what I thought. Since that announcement, I heard so many story and seen video from the Adventurer's Club, that I really wanted to go. Now that the opportunity is lost, I regret not finding time to spend a few minutes to appreciate this place and its loyal followers.

To all those who loved The Adventurer's Club: May you remember the adventurers fondly, may you sing the club song, may you remember the Colonel, may you always play along.

Kungaloosh!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers