Monday, September 29, 2008

Depp-ending on Depp

If you're a Johnny Depp fan, get ready to see more of him on a Disney big screen - a whole lot more of him.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Depp will star in Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (Jack is back!), Alice in Wonderland (as the Mad Hatter), and The Lone Ranger (as Tonto).

We can only guess what the topic of the fourth Pirates movie will be, but it's a safe guess the fountain of youth will come into play (see the end of the third movie). I just hope the script is much stronger than the third film.

Other interesting news to report: Cars 2 will come out a year earlier (2011) and Oprah will voice a character in the upcoming Princess and the Frog. While I hope Oprah will bring some additional attention (and revenue) to the movie, I hope she doesn't oveshadow the entire thing.

Also, National Treasure 3 is in development. I guess we'll find out about that other page in the Book of Secrets.

What wasn't talked about much was Tron 2. I can't wait to see this one. Like many Disney fans, I saw the bootleg trailer. Even though the video was awful - the trailer looked incredible. I really wish Disney would make that available.

Oh, and despite what the article may say (in jest), Depp is not the mascot for Disney. That role still lies with the head cheese. Mickey is king.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers