Welcome to another Tip Tuesday! For those of you new to the DisneyDaddy blog, each Tuesday, I offer a tip I've either developed or heard of. You can always go back and read past Tip Tuesday posts by clicking on the "Tip Tuesday" link on the right side of this page.
Now to business.
FastPass is no big secret to anyone who even knows a slight bit about Disney. You slip your park ticket into a FastPass machine and get a FastPass listing a time window for you to return to the attraction and go into a special entrance where you have little or no wait to ride that attraction. You only can have one FastPass at at time - usually.
So here's the scene: You're dying to ride Toy Story Mania at Disney's Hollywood Studios (and who isn't). You get to the park just after rope drop and rush over to the FastPass machines for TSM. Of course, the line to get a FastPass seems nearly as long as the standby line itself (this frequently happens). By the time you get your FastPass, the return time window is for late that afternoon, say 4-5 p.m. Are you then stuck with no more FastPasses until 4pm? Nope.
The limitation of one FastPass at a time only works for about as much as a two hour window beginning when you get your pass, meaning that if you got that TSM FastPass at, say, 9:30 a.m., you can get another FastPass probably sometime around 11 a.m. while still holding your original FastPasses for 4 p.m. Be sure to check the bottom of your FastPass ticket to see when you can next get a FastPass (see the red box in the example to the right).
So be sure to check those FastPasses - you may just have a chance to get more than one at a time. Oh, and be sure to check out last week's tip for a great way to carry your FastPass (as well as tickets, etc.). Thanks to WDWinfo.com for the base image I modified.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- WDW 2009 Ambassadors lead new Magic Kingdom parade...
- Disney releases American Idol Experience song list...
- Disneyland to use recycled cooking oil to power ra...
- FOX boards the "Dawn Treader"
- Tip Tuesday: Magical photos with Photopass
- Dreams Come True Parade opens at the Magic Kingdom...
- Disney pin blog releases sneak preview of new Hall...
- Buy 4 nights, get 3 free offer extended - again!
- New details on buyout option for Disney execs
- Pins give sneak peek into changes at Small World i...
- Disney to consolidate ABC units / Top execs asked ...
- Tip Tuesday: Leaving the Magic Kingdom for the GF...
- LA Times: Disney dumped Narnia because of feud
- New Princess and Frog image in 2008 Disney Annual ...
- Iger earns $51 million in 2008
- 20,000 Leagues to return to the big screen?
- American Idol in soft previews
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 8
- Tip Tuesday: Making Soarin' magical for kids
- Disney to add AED's at major thrill attractions
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 7
- Disney looks to Shanghai for new park
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 6
- Some details emerge about Space Mountain refurb
- In the news: Dispute over Mission: Space settled...
- Tip Tuesday: Can you only have one FastPass at a ...
- Space Mountain update: April refurb confirmed!
- Disney asks: "Are you 23?" Find out March 10
- Disney Dining update: ADR window shortened to 90 ...
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 5
- It's 2009! Time to Celebrate!
- ▼ January (31)