Folks who have read this blog may remember my very first Tip Tuesday post about taking full advantage of PhotoPass. After my December 2008 trip to WDW, I have a few more tips for you that will help you even more to make the most of PhotoPass (and that Photo CD).
Those of you who haven't been to WDW in a few years may not realize that Disney now is offering a few new unique photo opportunities. Photographers in certain locations in each park will have you pose in a certain way and take the shot. Later, when you are reviewing your photos, a little Disney magic has been added to these photos to make them even more magical.
Here are some of the places you can take those magical photos:
On Main Street (including the hub), have a person hold their hands in a cupped position (as if they were holding a tiny bird at their waist) and look at it fondly or with amazement - Tinker Bell will be standing in your hands when you see the picture (see sample above).
Also on Main Street, you can sit on a bench and Stitch will be "eating" some ice cream (well, sort of). This is apparently pretty limited, so be sure to ask.
In Adventureland, near POTC, pretend to be swordfighting with Captain Hook - when you see your picture, he will be there! This is not always available, so check with a PhotoPass photographer about available times.
At the Haunted Mansion, you can have a shot taken in front of the horseless carriage. In the photo are some hitchhiking ghosts. This is mostly available during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, though I've heard some guests have been able to get this shot at other times, so I'd ask a PhotoPass photographer about availability.
In between the Fountain of Nations and World Showcase Plaza you can get a shot of Mickey and friends soaring (or rather Soarin') over your head in a Soarin' glider. This can be a tricky shot, depending on the position of the sun. I tried to get this shot in December, but it apparently didn't turn out.
The Stitch ice cream photo opportunity discussed in the Magic Kingdom is apparently offered here at times, so ask.
There are quite a few at DHS. The most common is available along Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards. You can take a shot pointing at the pavement in total surprise -- Stitch will be breaking out of the pavement to say hi!
In some parts of the park, you can have a shot of you sitting on a bench and Lilo, Stitch (the ice cream shot again), Mickey or Minnie will be sitting next to you. I understand these are offered on a very limited basis, so be sure to ask. I've never been able to get one of these.
I've heard of a magic photo opportunity where you can cross lightsabers with Darth Vader in between showtimes of the Jedi Training Academy near Star Tours. Again, this might be limited, so be sure to ask.
In and around Discovery Island, you can get a shot of you holding baby Simba in your arms. This is especially cute with kids.
That's all the magic PhotoPass locations I've either personally done or have heard about. If you know of another one, be sure to post a comment! I'd love to hear about it.
Oh, and remember those enhancements I talked about on the previous Tip Tuesday post on PhotoPass? Well you can still add those enhancements here! Of course, not every one will be appropriate, but you at least have some options to work with.
Have fun out there and happy picture taking!
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- WDW 2009 Ambassadors lead new Magic Kingdom parade...
- Disney releases American Idol Experience song list...
- Disneyland to use recycled cooking oil to power ra...
- FOX boards the "Dawn Treader"
- Tip Tuesday: Magical photos with Photopass
- Dreams Come True Parade opens at the Magic Kingdom...
- Disney pin blog releases sneak preview of new Hall...
- Buy 4 nights, get 3 free offer extended - again!
- New details on buyout option for Disney execs
- Pins give sneak peek into changes at Small World i...
- Disney to consolidate ABC units / Top execs asked ...
- Tip Tuesday: Leaving the Magic Kingdom for the GF...
- LA Times: Disney dumped Narnia because of feud
- New Princess and Frog image in 2008 Disney Annual ...
- Iger earns $51 million in 2008
- 20,000 Leagues to return to the big screen?
- American Idol in soft previews
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 8
- Tip Tuesday: Making Soarin' magical for kids
- Disney to add AED's at major thrill attractions
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 7
- Disney looks to Shanghai for new park
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 6
- Some details emerge about Space Mountain refurb
- In the news: Dispute over Mission: Space settled...
- Tip Tuesday: Can you only have one FastPass at a ...
- Space Mountain update: April refurb confirmed!
- Disney asks: "Are you 23?" Find out March 10
- Disney Dining update: ADR window shortened to 90 ...
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 5
- It's 2009! Time to Celebrate!
- ▼ January (31)