Friday, January 30, 2009
WDW 2009 Ambassadors lead new Magic Kingdom parade as Grand Marshals
The new “Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade” debuted recently at Magic Kingdom with the 2009 Walt Disney World Ambassadors leading the way as the parade’s Grand Marshals.
The parade is part of Disney Parks’ new “What Will You Celebrate?” initiative, which invites guests to celebrate special milestones. The “Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade” features new songs, Disney characters, floats and a troop of dancers who encourage guests to celebrate with them.
Celebrating their own new roles, Walt Disney World Ambassadors Vanessa Rosas and Clay Shoemaker along with their families, led the parade in a specially designed open-roadster vehicle as the parade proceeded down Main Street. Over the years, Walt Disney World Ambassadors have assumed many different roles, but this is the first time an Ambassador Team has served as parade Grand Marshals.
“For our families to have been with us to experience the Disney Magic that our Cast Members create each day is very rewarding,” said Rosas. “This was absolutely a dream come true for me.”
“To be in the parade as Grand Marshal was an amazing experience." said Shoemaker. "This is a day I will never forget.”
While celebrating one of many magical moments they will share together over the next 12 months, Rosas and Shoemaker recalled their earliest memories of Walt Disney World.
At age 12, Rosas was captivated by Disney magic during her first visit. “As I watched the parade with my family, amazed by all the floats and dancers, Pinocchio came down the street, straight up to me, kissed my hand and stole my heart,” said Rosas.
Shoemaker also remembers the first time he fell for a Disney character. At age six, he fell in love with Cinderella. “My grandmother took me to Cinderella Castle where I met her. She bent down, spoke to me and then kissed me on the cheek,” he said. I guess you could say that my first kiss was from Cinderella.”
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- WDW 2009 Ambassadors lead new Magic Kingdom parade...
- Disney releases American Idol Experience song list...
- Disneyland to use recycled cooking oil to power ra...
- FOX boards the "Dawn Treader"
- Tip Tuesday: Magical photos with Photopass
- Dreams Come True Parade opens at the Magic Kingdom...
- Disney pin blog releases sneak preview of new Hall...
- Buy 4 nights, get 3 free offer extended - again!
- New details on buyout option for Disney execs
- Pins give sneak peek into changes at Small World i...
- Disney to consolidate ABC units / Top execs asked ...
- Tip Tuesday: Leaving the Magic Kingdom for the GF...
- LA Times: Disney dumped Narnia because of feud
- New Princess and Frog image in 2008 Disney Annual ...
- Iger earns $51 million in 2008
- 20,000 Leagues to return to the big screen?
- American Idol in soft previews
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 8
- Tip Tuesday: Making Soarin' magical for kids
- Disney to add AED's at major thrill attractions
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 7
- Disney looks to Shanghai for new park
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 6
- Some details emerge about Space Mountain refurb
- In the news: Dispute over Mission: Space settled...
- Tip Tuesday: Can you only have one FastPass at a ...
- Space Mountain update: April refurb confirmed!
- Disney asks: "Are you 23?" Find out March 10
- Disney Dining update: ADR window shortened to 90 ...
- WDW Dec. 2008 Trip Report - Day 5
- It's 2009! Time to Celebrate!
- ▼ January (31)