Friday, January 30, 2009

WDW 2009 Ambassadors lead new Magic Kingdom parade as Grand Marshals

Image copyright Disney, all rights reserved.


The new “Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade” debuted recently at Magic Kingdom with the 2009 Walt Disney World Ambassadors leading the way as the parade’s Grand Marshals.

The parade is part of Disney Parks’ new “What Will You Celebrate?” initiative, which invites guests to celebrate special milestones. The “Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade” features new songs, Disney characters, floats and a troop of dancers who encourage guests to celebrate with them.

Celebrating their own new roles, Walt Disney World Ambassadors Vanessa Rosas and Clay Shoemaker along with their families, led the parade in a specially designed open-roadster vehicle as the parade proceeded down Main Street. Over the years, Walt Disney World Ambassadors have assumed many different roles, but this is the first time an Ambassador Team has served as parade Grand Marshals.

“For our families to have been with us to experience the Disney Magic that our Cast Members create each day is very rewarding,” said Rosas. “This was absolutely a dream come true for me.”

“To be in the parade as Grand Marshal was an amazing experience." said Shoemaker. "This is a day I will never forget.”

While celebrating one of many magical moments they will share together over the next 12 months, Rosas and Shoemaker recalled their earliest memories of Walt Disney World.

At age 12, Rosas was captivated by Disney magic during her first visit. “As I watched the parade with my family, amazed by all the floats and dancers, Pinocchio came down the street, straight up to me, kissed my hand and stole my heart,” said Rosas.

Shoemaker also remembers the first time he fell for a Disney character. At age six, he fell in love with Cinderella. “My grandmother took me to Cinderella Castle where I met her. She bent down, spoke to me and then kissed me on the cheek,” he said. I guess you could say that my first kiss was from Cinderella.”

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers