The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that GM may be in talks with Disney to extend their sponsorship of the popular Test Track attraction at Epcot through the end of the year. According to the report, GM's sponsorship of Test Track is believed to have officially ended a few months ago.
Complicating matters just a bit is the fact that GM is in economic shambles and is part of a federal bailout program. There is concern that GM's continued sponsorship of a theme park attraction (and using tax dollars to do so) could be heavily criticized.
So far, Disney has yet to say anything about the future of Test Track. Yet, GM's name is still on the attraction, at least for now.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Theme Park Rangers get new details on Hall of Pres...
- Tip Tuesday: Making online ADR's and more
- Luxo Jr. debuts at DHS
- Report: GM's future at Test Track still unclear
- Buzz Lightyear meet and greet area to be updated a...
- Kobe Bryant and Lakers celebrate NBA win on Main S...
- Disney offers child-friendly notebook computer
- Hey Stitch! The Party's Over
- Tip Tuesday: Tipping at Walt Disney World
- Restaurant Review: Cinderella's Royal Table
- PhotoPass CD price to increase this month
- Tip Tuesday: Hit the most important attractions f...
- Hall of Presidents passholder previews announced
- Tickets now on sale for D23 Expo
- Tip Tuesday: Water, Water, Water
- ▼ June (15)