According to Orlando's Local 6, a 34 year old man fell overboard from the Carnival Sensation and treaded water for over an hour before being rescued by the Disney Wonder at around 12:30 a.m. this morning. This happened about 28 nautical miles off the coast of Port St. Lucie.
How the man fell overboard is not known. It is believed he fell off the stern of the ship.
"This gentleman is very lucky he was found alive and well in a reasonable amount of time. We're just very pleased that this story has a happy ending," U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Nick Ameen told Local 6.
Click here for video.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Buy 4, get 3 free returns!
- Tip Tuesday: When to eat
- Disney announces new 2010 promotion -- Give a Day,...
- Disney Parks to start their own blog
- The biggest Disney fan
- 2009 Epcot Food and Wine Festival begins today
- DisneyDaddy - one year later
- Tip Tuesday: Waking up Tinkerbell
- Dick Cook resigns as head of Walt Disney Pictures
- Kouzzina officially opens
- Some lingering questions following the Fantasyland...
- Disney bus system halted due to suspicious device
- The Force is strong with these...
- Tip Tuesday: Tables in Wonderland
- Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion is CONFIRMED!!...
- Video from Disney's HUGE announcements yesterday
- D23 Update: Imagineering Legends come together to...
- Depp announces Pirates 4 at D23 Expo
- Disney Cruise Line announces new destination -- Al...
- More from D23 -- the Treasures Collection
- TTA reopens today
- Epcot's Illuminations named best outdoor night sho...
- D23 Expo Update: Iger opens up first ever Expo
- Applications now accepted for 2010 Disney World Mo...
- Tip Tuesday: To AP or not to AP...
- Report: Marvel characters not likely at WDW
- D23 - previews and LIVE coverage!!!
- Disney finds new voice for Mickey Mouse
- The master of Hidden Mickeys releases 4th edition
- Disney Magic rescues overboard passenger from anot...
- Tip Tuesday: KidCot
- 2009 Disney Legends announced
- ▼ September (32)