- Robin Williams, who has played in several Disney movies, most notably as the Genie in Alladin and Professor Brainard in Flubber, also was the Timekeeper in Tomorrowland, along with other roles in park attractions.
- Golden Girls stars Estelle Getty, Rue McClannahan, Beatrice Arthur and Betty White. (posthumous for Getty, and Arthur).
- Tony Anselmo, current voice of Donald Duck and a Disney animator.
- Bill Farmer, current voice of Goofy and Pluto.
- Don Iwerks, son of Ub Iwerks, who created revolutionary film systems for projects like Mary Poppins, Circlevision 360 and Star Tours.
- Leota Toombs Thomas, who was the model for Madame Leota in The Haunted Mansion. (posthumous)
- Harry Archinal, former president of Buena Vista International.
Each honoree receives a two-foot-tall bronze Disney Legends sculpture that signifies the imagination, creativity and magic they have brought to the Company. Disney Legends Award recipients also participate in a hand-print ceremony, and their bronzed prints will be displayed in the Disney Legends Plaza at the Company's Burbank headquarters.
The first Disney Legend was actor Fred MacMurray, named in 1987. Since then Disney has named 237 Legends. For a complete list of all Disney Legends, visit the Disney Legends Web site at http://legends.disney.go.com/legends/index.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this post indicated the Legend award was posthumous for Rue McClannahan. This was an error. My sincere apologies to Mrs. McClannahan for the error.