Amusement Today has announced their 2009 Golden Ticket Awards, honoring the best of the best in amusement/theme parks.
In the outdoor night show production category, Epcot's Illuminations: Reflections of Earth was named the best production. The Disney parks took four of the top five spots in this category (Disneyland 2nd, Disney's Hollywood Studios 4th and Magic Kingdom 5th).
Also, The Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios earned second place for the best dark ride, while Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye at Disneyland placed 4th.
As for indoor roller coasters, Disney earned several honors. Rock N' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios was named 2nd while Space Mountain earned double honors (Disneyland's version placed 3rd while WDW's version placed 5th).
Disney parks, however, didn't fare quite as well in many of the other categories including best park and best new ride. Cedar Point took the top honors in the best park category. Disneyland and WDW's Magic Kingdom were the only Disney parks represented at 3rd place and 8th place respectively. Disney didn't make the best new ride list. Blizzard Beach earned a 3rd place spot in the best waterpark category.
Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom did place 4th and 5th in the cleanest park category, but, interestingly enough, no Disney park made the list in the friendliest park staff category.
Disney's Hollywood Studios came in 4th place in the best shows category, while Epcot came in 3rd place for best food. Epcot and Animal Kingdom came in 3rd and 4th place respectively for best landscaping while Spash Mountain was named 3rd place in best water ride at an amusement/theme park. As for best waterpark ride, Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach came in 5th place.
When it comes to the holidays, no Disney park made the list for best Halloween event, while Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom came in 3rd and 4th place for their Christmas events.
Finally, Amusement Today also released the top 50 steel and wooden roller coasters. Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom was ranked 36th and Disneyland's Space Mountain ranked 49th. Disney doesn't have any wooden coasters.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Buy 4, get 3 free returns!
- Tip Tuesday: When to eat
- Disney announces new 2010 promotion -- Give a Day,...
- Disney Parks to start their own blog
- The biggest Disney fan
- 2009 Epcot Food and Wine Festival begins today
- DisneyDaddy - one year later
- Tip Tuesday: Waking up Tinkerbell
- Dick Cook resigns as head of Walt Disney Pictures
- Kouzzina officially opens
- Some lingering questions following the Fantasyland...
- Disney bus system halted due to suspicious device
- The Force is strong with these...
- Tip Tuesday: Tables in Wonderland
- Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion is CONFIRMED!!...
- Video from Disney's HUGE announcements yesterday
- D23 Update: Imagineering Legends come together to...
- Depp announces Pirates 4 at D23 Expo
- Disney Cruise Line announces new destination -- Al...
- More from D23 -- the Treasures Collection
- TTA reopens today
- Epcot's Illuminations named best outdoor night sho...
- D23 Expo Update: Iger opens up first ever Expo
- Applications now accepted for 2010 Disney World Mo...
- Tip Tuesday: To AP or not to AP...
- Report: Marvel characters not likely at WDW
- D23 - previews and LIVE coverage!!!
- Disney finds new voice for Mickey Mouse
- The master of Hidden Mickeys releases 4th edition
- Disney Magic rescues overboard passenger from anot...
- Tip Tuesday: KidCot
- 2009 Disney Legends announced
- ▼ September (32)