CNBC is reporting that Disney and the Chinese Government may have made some significant progress involving a deal to build a major expansion at Hong Kong Disneyland. According to the report, the Chinese government is "happy with the progress achieved at the negotiations regarding Hong Kong Disneyland's expansion plans," said a spokesperson.
Disney and the Chinese have been in extended talks over the $387 million dollar plan to expand the park, which opened in 2005. A few weeks ago, when it appeared talks were stalling, Disney ordered Imagineering to stop working on expansion plans for Hong Kong Disneyland.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Toy Story 3 teaser now available on Apple.com
- New American Idol, Kris Allen, celebrates his win ...
- Tip Tuesday: Dealing with dirty laundry
- Kingdom Keepers update: Third installment set for...
- Remembering Wayne Allwine (1947-2009)
- Tip Tuesday: Speeding up the process of sending m...
- Disney to build resort hotel outside Washington D....
- Restaurant Review: Tony's Town Square Restaurant
- Didn't I say D23 would be worth it? Now see what ...
- Tip Tuesday: Hidden Mickeys
- Joan Lunden, Brad Garrett join Disney World Moms P...
- Parks merchandise finally comes to DisneyStore.com...
- Disney releases full trailer for "The Princess and...
- DisneyDaddy returns to WDW Radio Show
- The Best (and Worst) Disney Moms
- Stitch's Supersonic Celebration opens in Tomorrowl...
- Star Tours 2.0 finally in the works?
- Tip Tuesday: Innoventions
- As expected, Disney reports a loss for the 2nd qua...
- 2010 Half Marathon is full
- Disney offers new medal for multi-race finishers
- Disney's 2nd quarter earnings expected to be poor
- Deal over expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland could ...
- Happy anniversary Hollywood Studios!
- ▼ May (24)