Welcome to another Tip Tuesday.
Well it's time I aired out some dirty laundry here on the DisneyDaddy blog - sort of.
It's not something we like to talk about, but we all have to deal with it on any trip: dirty laundry.
Whether your driving or flying to Walt Disney World, you have to take clothes with you (unless you plan on buying them at the parks). As your trip progresses, those clothes will get dirty, especially in the hot and sweaty summer months.
So what's the best way to deal with all this mess? Here are two ideas.
If you're flying:
Try to put a smaller suitcase inside a larger, empty one. This way you won't get hit with another baggage fee for an empty suitcase. Once you get to WDW, unpack the smaller suitcase and put all the clothes into the large one. As your clothes become dirty, put them in the smaller suitcase. Yes, there will be one more bag to check in, but this extra bag also gives you room to pack all those souvenirs you will probably purchase while at WDW. Best of all, when you get back home, all the dirty clothes are in one place, so you know what to wash.
If you're driving:
You could do the same as the tip mentioned above, but I've found a method that I think works better. Pack a large tupperware with all the drinks/food that you'll likely have in the room. Once you're in your resort room, unpack all the food. The tupperware is now your dirty clothes hamper. You will likely go through all the food/drinks, so there will be little to bring back. Also, the room made available by clothes no longer in your suitcase can serve as space to pack the aforementioned souvenirs.
I've tried this both ways and they work pretty well (though I last used the extra suitcase trick back before there were all these baggage fees). Give it a shot, I think you'll appreciate how this makes life in the resort room a little easier - especially for those families with kids.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Toy Story 3 teaser now available on Apple.com
- New American Idol, Kris Allen, celebrates his win ...
- Tip Tuesday: Dealing with dirty laundry
- Kingdom Keepers update: Third installment set for...
- Remembering Wayne Allwine (1947-2009)
- Tip Tuesday: Speeding up the process of sending m...
- Disney to build resort hotel outside Washington D....
- Restaurant Review: Tony's Town Square Restaurant
- Didn't I say D23 would be worth it? Now see what ...
- Tip Tuesday: Hidden Mickeys
- Joan Lunden, Brad Garrett join Disney World Moms P...
- Parks merchandise finally comes to DisneyStore.com...
- Disney releases full trailer for "The Princess and...
- DisneyDaddy returns to WDW Radio Show
- The Best (and Worst) Disney Moms
- Stitch's Supersonic Celebration opens in Tomorrowl...
- Star Tours 2.0 finally in the works?
- Tip Tuesday: Innoventions
- As expected, Disney reports a loss for the 2nd qua...
- 2010 Half Marathon is full
- Disney offers new medal for multi-race finishers
- Disney's 2nd quarter earnings expected to be poor
- Deal over expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland could ...
- Happy anniversary Hollywood Studios!
- ▼ May (24)