Friday, October 16, 2009
Disney announces new fall half-marathon
Endurance fans will have a new reason to lace up their shoes next fall at Walt Disney World.
Disney Sports has announced their newest half-marathon event, the Wine & Dine Half-Marathon. The event will take place Oct. 1-2, 2010. This will be a night run. In addition to the half-marathon, there will be a 5K, a family fun run, kids races and other activities.
The half-marathon will start at the soon-to-be-renamed ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and finish inside Epcot with an exclusive post-race party at the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival that features culinary delights from around the world prepared by top Disney chefs.
What makes this half-marathon different from other races is a new "team relay" option where a two-person team can run the 13.1 miles instead of just one person. Essentially the distance will be covered by two people instead of one.
Those interested can sign up starting Nov. 16 at www.disneyenduranceseries.com.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Disney Cruise Line gives a sneak peek at the Disne...
- Terence joins Tinker Bell and other fairies at Pix...
- Monorail Teal spotted
- Disney's online ADR system being upgraded?
- Tip Tuesday: Things to keep with you while at WDW...
- On your mark, get set, BOOK!
- Magic Kingdom Grand Opening: 38 years ago today
- Victoria & Albert's offers new New Year's Eve expe...
- Tip Tuesday: Get a Planning DVD
- $1 coins begin circulation at Walt Disney World to...
- Disney announces new fall half-marathon
- Pink, purple monorails to be retired - new teal mo...
- Sum of All Thrills opens today
- Tip Tuesday: Customized maps
- TTA's new narration not so hot
- Sum of All Thrills to open Oct. 14
- Tip Tuesday: One Man's Dream - don't skip it!
- ▼ October (17)