A few weeks ago, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority reopened after a refurbishment in coordination with the ongoing refurbishment at Space Mountain.
Initially, the highly popular attraction reopened with the same narration many fans have come to love. In the last week or so, however, a new narration has surfaced.
While I haven't heard this in person, I have watched some videos of the new TTA narration and I have to say I'm not that thrilled.
The video above is one of the ones I watched to listen to the new TTA script.
This new script acts much more like a preview for Tomorrowland as opposed to a narration of scenes you encounter along the "super skyway." To me, the concept of "Tomorrowland" has been completely ditched. I might expect this from a vacation planning video about tomorrowland.
The new narration also includes quick soundbites from some Disney characters including Stitch, Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear.
Especially strange is the segment inside Space Mountain. Even though you can't see anything because of the construction walls, there's no sound at all in Space Mountain. Nothing. Nada. It's pretty boring. The construction walls don't even have anything on them.
It may just be the video, but it appears this new narration is harder to hear as well. There were a couple of segments I couldn't make out.
I usually love many of the improvements Disney makes. I'll even admit I found parts of the very brief Stitch's Supersonic Celebration to be fun.
I'm not so sure about this new narration. I guess I'll have to see and hear it for myself the next time I'm there.
What are your thoughts? Have you experienced the new TTA?
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Disney Cruise Line gives a sneak peek at the Disne...
- Terence joins Tinker Bell and other fairies at Pix...
- Monorail Teal spotted
- Disney's online ADR system being upgraded?
- Tip Tuesday: Things to keep with you while at WDW...
- On your mark, get set, BOOK!
- Magic Kingdom Grand Opening: 38 years ago today
- Victoria & Albert's offers new New Year's Eve expe...
- Tip Tuesday: Get a Planning DVD
- $1 coins begin circulation at Walt Disney World to...
- Disney announces new fall half-marathon
- Pink, purple monorails to be retired - new teal mo...
- Sum of All Thrills opens today
- Tip Tuesday: Customized maps
- TTA's new narration not so hot
- Sum of All Thrills to open Oct. 14
- Tip Tuesday: One Man's Dream - don't skip it!
- ▼ October (17)