According to the folks at WDWMagic.com, Disney is expected to soon announce some additions to the attractions that will be open during morning Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. The list of the new attractions joining the morning EMH list are Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Mad Hatter's Tea Party and Snow White's Scary Adventures.
The suspected reason for this addition is due to the impending long-term closure of Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority for their much anticipated refurbishments, which begin on Sunday the 19th.
The TTA is expected to open sometime in late summer while Space Mountain is expected to re-open just before Thanksgiving.
I'm glad to see Big Thunder and Splash Mountain are on that list. I've wondered why two of the big three attractions at the Magic Kingdom weren't open for morning Extra Magic Hours.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Here we go, Swine flu fears at WDW
- Next D23 charter member pin: The Mad Hatter
- Tip Tuesday: Star Wars Weekends
- Cover for D23 May issue announced
- The Disney Studios: Then and Now
- Disney Legend Marty Sklar to retire
- Additional details on "Pirates League" in Adventur...
- Disney Legends to receive Main St. windows at Disn...
- Attention young pirates: Pirates League coming so...
- D23 update - D23 pins to go on sale very soon
- For Disney, every day is Earth Day
- Tip Tuesday: Dealing with the sun
- Hollywood Studios 20th Anniversary pins unveiled
- Space Mountain major refurbishment starts today
- Disney launches new service to allow guests "see a...
- MagicMeets -- tickets selling out fast!
- In the Rumor Mill: Magic Kingdom may expand early...
- Raython exhibit to bring some thrills to Innoventi...
- Retro Epcot pin series coming to WDW
- Disney announces schedule for Sounds Like Summer s...
- Tip Tuesday: One of the REAL best kept secrets at...
- Characters in Flight takes off for official first ...
- Finding Disney in D.C.
- Characters in Flight to open very soon at Downtown...
- New restaurant to open at Downtown Disney this May...
- D23 pins to be re-released
- Tip Tuesday: Easter at Walt Disney World
- Disney cuts 11% of entire parks staff
- Another D23 pin is sold out
- Coming in October: Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D
- ▼ April (30)