The D23 Web site has an interview with retiring Imagineer Marty Sklar as he reflects on his many years of service with Walt Disney Imagineering.
"The thing I'm proudest of is that I hired so many people that are now the top people at Imagineering, and I think of them all as my kids. And my kids have all grown up and they are really talented and they know what they're doing and I'm pretty proud of playing a role in their growth and development. You know, there have been a couple times when it would have been easy for the company to say to Imagineering, 'You guys are too expensive and we're going to hire this out.' And that if that happened, the company would be a lot different now. You can't do what Imagineering does. You have to have your creative staff and key engineers and designers and they have to be inside," Sklar told D23.
For more, be sure to check out the entire article on the D23 Web site.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Park attendance up
- Tip Tuesday: More enhancements available for Phot...
- Come one, come all, get your FastPasses here!!!
- Report: Something's going on backstage...
- Tip Tuesday: The Power Bag
- Fantasyland wishes, or at least this fan wishes......
- Walter Cronkite passes away at 92
- ESPN RISE games start this weekend at Disney's Wid...
- It all started 54 years ago today...
- Disney buses collide at Contemporary Resort
- Tip Tuesday: Getting "behind the seeds"
- Some "new" hidden Mickeys at WDW
- Update: Three cast members suspended following mo...
- NTSB releases preliminary report about monorail ac...
- D23 sits down with Marty Sklar
- Tip Tuesday: An unimpeded view of Illuminations
- NTSB to investigate monorail accident
- Monorail reopens to guests today
- Tragedy at Walt Disney World
- Hall of Presidents featuring #44
- Back from WDW!!!
- ▼ July (21)