Wednesday, July 8, 2009

D23 sits down with Marty Sklar

The D23 Web site has an interview with retiring Imagineer Marty Sklar as he reflects on his many years of service with Walt Disney Imagineering.

"The thing I'm proudest of is that I hired so many people that are now the top people at Imagineering, and I think of them all as my kids. And my kids have all grown up and they are really talented and they know what they're doing and I'm pretty proud of playing a role in their growth and development. You know, there have been a couple times when it would have been easy for the company to say to Imagineering, 'You guys are too expensive and we're going to hire this out.' And that if that happened, the company would be a lot different now. You can't do what Imagineering does. You have to have your creative staff and key engineers and designers and they have to be inside," Sklar told D23.

For more, be sure to check out the entire article on the D23 Web site.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers