As if things couldn't get worse for Disney transportation, there is are reports from WESH-TV and The Orlando Sentinel that two WDW buses collided this afternoon in front of the Contemporary Resort. According to news reports, about 50 guests were on the two buses when one rear-ended the other on World Drive at around 2:40 p.m.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson, one bus had stopped as traffic was merging at a point where World Drive narrows from three lanes to two lanes. The second bus did not stop in time and struck the stopped bus.
According to the FHP, about a dozen people suffered minor injuries and were transported to local hospitals.
"There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our guests and cast members. We are focused on the well being of those involved and are working closely with law enforcement," said a Disney spokesperson in a statement.
This latest incident comes less than two weeks after the fatal monorail accident in which a monorail pilot was killed.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Park attendance up
- Tip Tuesday: More enhancements available for Phot...
- Come one, come all, get your FastPasses here!!!
- Report: Something's going on backstage...
- Tip Tuesday: The Power Bag
- Fantasyland wishes, or at least this fan wishes......
- Walter Cronkite passes away at 92
- ESPN RISE games start this weekend at Disney's Wid...
- It all started 54 years ago today...
- Disney buses collide at Contemporary Resort
- Tip Tuesday: Getting "behind the seeds"
- Some "new" hidden Mickeys at WDW
- Update: Three cast members suspended following mo...
- NTSB releases preliminary report about monorail ac...
- D23 sits down with Marty Sklar
- Tip Tuesday: An unimpeded view of Illuminations
- NTSB to investigate monorail accident
- Monorail reopens to guests today
- Tragedy at Walt Disney World
- Hall of Presidents featuring #44
- Back from WDW!!!
- ▼ July (21)