According to CNBC article, attendance at the domestic Disney parks increased by three percent, beating analysts' expectations. The biggest factor leading to the increase in attendance was Disney's "Buy 4, get 3 free" deal offered in the spring.
However, the news is not all good. Even with the increased attendance, total revenue at the parks was down nine percent and operating income down 19-percent. Even this loss is better than expected, according to the article, because in the prior quarter, park operating revenue was down about 50-percent.
Disney CEO Bob Iger said Disney's latest numbers are a sign that the economy is stabilizing.
Let's hope so.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Park attendance up
- Tip Tuesday: More enhancements available for Phot...
- Come one, come all, get your FastPasses here!!!
- Report: Something's going on backstage...
- Tip Tuesday: The Power Bag
- Fantasyland wishes, or at least this fan wishes......
- Walter Cronkite passes away at 92
- ESPN RISE games start this weekend at Disney's Wid...
- It all started 54 years ago today...
- Disney buses collide at Contemporary Resort
- Tip Tuesday: Getting "behind the seeds"
- Some "new" hidden Mickeys at WDW
- Update: Three cast members suspended following mo...
- NTSB releases preliminary report about monorail ac...
- D23 sits down with Marty Sklar
- Tip Tuesday: An unimpeded view of Illuminations
- NTSB to investigate monorail accident
- Monorail reopens to guests today
- Tragedy at Walt Disney World
- Hall of Presidents featuring #44
- Back from WDW!!!
- ▼ July (21)