OSHA has cleared the Walt Disney World monorail for public use once again. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Disney will return the monorail to service, with added safety features.
"We have completed a thorough safety inspection and system checks to verify that it is safe to operate the monorail for our guests and cast," Disney informed employees in a note this morning. "We've added additional verifications of these track switch positions, supplemented our safety procedures and protocols for these operations, and communicated these changes to our Transportation partners."
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the note to employees also indicated the incident happened while one monorail was being transferred off the Epcot line. So far, there is no further word on what may have caused the deadly accident early Sunday morning.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Park attendance up
- Tip Tuesday: More enhancements available for Phot...
- Come one, come all, get your FastPasses here!!!
- Report: Something's going on backstage...
- Tip Tuesday: The Power Bag
- Fantasyland wishes, or at least this fan wishes......
- Walter Cronkite passes away at 92
- ESPN RISE games start this weekend at Disney's Wid...
- It all started 54 years ago today...
- Disney buses collide at Contemporary Resort
- Tip Tuesday: Getting "behind the seeds"
- Some "new" hidden Mickeys at WDW
- Update: Three cast members suspended following mo...
- NTSB releases preliminary report about monorail ac...
- D23 sits down with Marty Sklar
- Tip Tuesday: An unimpeded view of Illuminations
- NTSB to investigate monorail accident
- Monorail reopens to guests today
- Tragedy at Walt Disney World
- Hall of Presidents featuring #44
- Back from WDW!!!
- ▼ July (21)