Well, it's official. Last week, we were hearing about talks between Walt Disney Studios and Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks SKG for a distributing deal. This afternoon, according to CNBC, the two inked a deal for Disney, under the Touchstone brand, to market and distribute six DreamWorks films a year, beginning in 2010.
DreamWorks had attempted to negotiate a deal with Universal, but those talks fell through.
Note, that this deal does not involve DreamWorks Animation, which is a separate business unit.
As I mentioned in last week's post, I wonder what effect this will have on Universal Orlando, as DreamWorks was one of the major sources of new theme content for the park. What impact with this have on Walt Disney World? Will we see some Spielberg characters coming to the parks? Could this be the impetus to re-do the Great Movie Ride with more DreamWorks characters (since the MGM deal died out last year).
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- ESPN the weekend starts today at DHS
- Report confirms "Are You 23?" is a fan club
- Online resort check-in service begins
- Tip Tuesday: Park etiquette
- New Star Wars Weekends big figs announced - LAST o...
- Could the "Are you 23?" mystery be solved?
- Congrats to Wall-E!!
- iTunes find: Louis Armstrong sings classic Disney...
- Attraction review: Festival of the Lion King
- Disney announces layoffs at domestic resorts
- Why supporting the Dream Team (and groups like it)...
- Tip Tuesday: Quiet time in the parks
- "Princess and the Frog" toy line announced
- MouseFest 2009 on "hiatus"
- Disney Daddy returns to the WDW Radio Show
- LEGO and Disney link up
- American Idol Experience: the Grand Premiere
- Raytheon confirms new exhibit for Innoventions, op...
- Tip Tuesday: Take your time
- Disney and DreamWorks sign distribution deal
- Restaurant Review: 1900 Park Fare - breakfast
- Disney/Pixar's Ed Catmull takes Oscar for lifetime...
- DreamWorks to partner with Disney?
- DisneyDaddy to run in 2010 WDW half-marathon
- Disney reveals "Small World" additions to Disneyla...
- Iger says weak theme park attendance partly led to...
- Tip Tuesday: Safety in the parks
- Holmes and Mickey Mouse parade down Main Street
- Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes say "I'm go...
- Restaurant Review: Cape May Cafe - dinner
- ▼ February (30)