Welcome to another Tip Tuesday!
Raise your hand if this sounds familiar: You've just made it to (pick a park) and you just HAVE to get to that must-do popular attraction, so you race (walk, don't run) through the park to get that fastpass or jump into a short queue and you're off on another commando-style day.
It's OK to admit it, I know I've done this plenty of times. It's hard not to. But what do you miss by racing down Main Street, through Future World, up Hollywood Boulevard, and across the Oasis? You miss a lot!
This week's tip is pretty obvious, but it's one we tend to overlook in our eagerness to get to the next big attraction -- and that is TAKE YOUR TIME.
There are so many little details that are truly incredible when you actually take the time to find and see them. One thing I try to do during each trip is to sit by the Fountain of Nations and just enjoy a few minutes of that incredible Innoventions music. I also enjoy a slow stroll down Main Street looking at each of the windows to see familiar names and the clever ways Imagineers have been immortalized in glass. Hollywood Boulevard (and Sunset Blvd.) are great places to slowly window shop and get into the Hollywood that never was. The Oasis is a beautiful entrance to Animal Kingdom with a wonderful waterfall in the center and a cave that I have particularly fond memories of from my first trip to Animal Kingdom (there was this big thunderstorm... you can figure out the rest).
This applies not only for the "main drags" into each park, but around the parks as well. Take your time as you walk around World Showcase and the lands of the Magic Kingdom. You might be surprised at what you find and how much less-stressful your overall visit will be. Don't worry, you can still get to those big attractions. Besides, you may want to leave a few things for the next trip (and if you're like me, there will always be a next trip.)
So take it easy out there and enjoy the sights, sounds and even smells of Walt Disney World.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- ESPN the weekend starts today at DHS
- Report confirms "Are You 23?" is a fan club
- Online resort check-in service begins
- Tip Tuesday: Park etiquette
- New Star Wars Weekends big figs announced - LAST o...
- Could the "Are you 23?" mystery be solved?
- Congrats to Wall-E!!
- iTunes find: Louis Armstrong sings classic Disney...
- Attraction review: Festival of the Lion King
- Disney announces layoffs at domestic resorts
- Why supporting the Dream Team (and groups like it)...
- Tip Tuesday: Quiet time in the parks
- "Princess and the Frog" toy line announced
- MouseFest 2009 on "hiatus"
- Disney Daddy returns to the WDW Radio Show
- LEGO and Disney link up
- American Idol Experience: the Grand Premiere
- Raytheon confirms new exhibit for Innoventions, op...
- Tip Tuesday: Take your time
- Disney and DreamWorks sign distribution deal
- Restaurant Review: 1900 Park Fare - breakfast
- Disney/Pixar's Ed Catmull takes Oscar for lifetime...
- DreamWorks to partner with Disney?
- DisneyDaddy to run in 2010 WDW half-marathon
- Disney reveals "Small World" additions to Disneyla...
- Iger says weak theme park attendance partly led to...
- Tip Tuesday: Safety in the parks
- Holmes and Mickey Mouse parade down Main Street
- Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes say "I'm go...
- Restaurant Review: Cape May Cafe - dinner
- ▼ February (30)