If you were thinking about running Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge during the 2010 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and hadn't registered yet, then, I'm sorry, but you're out of luck. The race is now officially SOLD OUT.
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, allow me to explain. The "Goofy," as it's called, is one of the events that takes place during the annual Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, usually in early January (in 2010 it will be Jan 7-10).
The entire weekend consists of several running events including the Family Fun Run 5K on Friday, the Half-Marathon on Saturday and the Full Marathon on Sunday. Runners in the "Goofy" run in BOTH the half- and full-marathons. That's 39.3 miles in all!
Speaking of the half-marathon, it is 70% full. So if you were thinking of running in the half, you'll want to get officially registered soon!
As was announced earlier this year, I'm running in the half-marathon in January. Training is underway, though it's going slowly. Fortunately I've got some time. I did go out and get some good running shoes and some moisture-wiking socks, which I'm told are a big help, especially when I get into some longer runs (10+ miles). I'll have more posts in the future as training continues.
Oh, those of you on Facebook who are WDWRadio.com fans and are running in either the half- or full-marathon, be sure to join the new "Team WDW Radio" group page!
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Tip Tuesday: 999,999 at Buzz Lightyear's Space Ra...
- Disney Cruise Line's "Wonder" to move to L.A.
- Free dining offer opened up to all
- Restaurant Review: Crystal Palace
- "One Man's Dream" at DHS now brought to you by D23...
- WDW Marathon Update: Goofy registration re-opened...
- Pin update: Stretching portrait pin series sneak ...
- Job ax is falling hard and fast at WDW
- Free Dining is back
- D23 Update: Surprise gift is an exclusive lithogr...
- Tip Tuesday: Best way to get character autographs...
- Toy Story Mania coming to Wii
- 2010 WDW Marathon update: Goofy sold out
- "Up" to open Cannes, a first
- D23 items starting to sell out
- 16th Annual Flower and Garden Festival begins at E...
- Fairfax Fries at Hollywood Studios to get new menu...
- Tip Tuesday: Getting the most out of Extra Magic ...
- Spoodles closing at Boardwark - Cat Cora to open n...
- Disney Movie Rewards offers D23 merchandise
- DisneyDaddy joins in D23 Roundtable on WDWRadio
- D23 - is it worth it? Depends on your interests
- Tip Tuesday: The benefit of early ADR's
- It's official: D23 is a fan club
- Disney announces significant long-term environment...
- Are you 23 secret will be let out of the bag tomor...
- DisneyDaddy returns again to WDW Radio Show
- Distant Creations/Stitch Kingdom blogs have more o...
- Disney's Hawaii resort moving ahead
- Daft Punk to write score for "Tron" sequel
- Pearson says "Kingdom Keepers" series to be at lea...
- GM to jump off the Test Track?
- WBHS players bring home the Disney bling
- High School Musical 4 to debut in 2010
- Tip Tuesday: Extending the Year of a Million Drea...
- Jo Bro's 3-D film disappoints at box office
- Restaurant Review: Hollywood & Vine - breakfast
- ▼ March (37)