I was searching through the Orange County Eagle Web and came across a few interesting items. The first is a notice of commencement dealing with the Fairfax Fries shop on Sunset Blvd. in Disney's Hollywood Studios.
The document indicated the fryers and hoods were going to be removed and electric warming ovens were to be installed. In addition, graphics and menu boards were to be changed. This is all to support what the document called a "menu change."
So far, I've not seen any word on what the new menu would be. Fairfax Fries used to sell McDonald's fries and various drinks.
In a similar notice of commencement document, the Refreshment Port at Epcot's World Showcase will see some changes as well. The existing cooking equipment and hood will be replaced with similar equipment. Also, new graphics will be installed on the building. I can only guess that this might mean another menu change may be in order. The Refreshment Port is another McDonald's location that sells fries, chicken nuggets and drinks.
I have heard that some other McDonald's offerings in the parks have changed to other items that are not associated with the golden arches. I guess these items are just the latest in this trend.
In a separate notice of commencement document, the carpet in the lobby of the Grand Floridian Resort (see photo) will be removed and apparently replaced with marble flooring (nice!). The only downside here is that the carpet design has TONS of hidden mickey's that just might be gone for good. This same design can be found in other buildings, so hopefully the hidden mickey's will survive.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (97)
- ► 2010 (83)
- Tip Tuesday: 999,999 at Buzz Lightyear's Space Ra...
- Disney Cruise Line's "Wonder" to move to L.A.
- Free dining offer opened up to all
- Restaurant Review: Crystal Palace
- "One Man's Dream" at DHS now brought to you by D23...
- WDW Marathon Update: Goofy registration re-opened...
- Pin update: Stretching portrait pin series sneak ...
- Job ax is falling hard and fast at WDW
- Free Dining is back
- D23 Update: Surprise gift is an exclusive lithogr...
- Tip Tuesday: Best way to get character autographs...
- Toy Story Mania coming to Wii
- 2010 WDW Marathon update: Goofy sold out
- "Up" to open Cannes, a first
- D23 items starting to sell out
- 16th Annual Flower and Garden Festival begins at E...
- Fairfax Fries at Hollywood Studios to get new menu...
- Tip Tuesday: Getting the most out of Extra Magic ...
- Spoodles closing at Boardwark - Cat Cora to open n...
- Disney Movie Rewards offers D23 merchandise
- DisneyDaddy joins in D23 Roundtable on WDWRadio
- D23 - is it worth it? Depends on your interests
- Tip Tuesday: The benefit of early ADR's
- It's official: D23 is a fan club
- Disney announces significant long-term environment...
- Are you 23 secret will be let out of the bag tomor...
- DisneyDaddy returns again to WDW Radio Show
- Distant Creations/Stitch Kingdom blogs have more o...
- Disney's Hawaii resort moving ahead
- Daft Punk to write score for "Tron" sequel
- Pearson says "Kingdom Keepers" series to be at lea...
- GM to jump off the Test Track?
- WBHS players bring home the Disney bling
- High School Musical 4 to debut in 2010
- Tip Tuesday: Extending the Year of a Million Drea...
- Jo Bro's 3-D film disappoints at box office
- Restaurant Review: Hollywood & Vine - breakfast
- ▼ March (37)